Annie Littlefield Smith / d. 1877 / Wells or N.Burwick ME.......

  • moomoomama09@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 14, 2006
      Hello Sara ,
      You just might be the person who can give me the answer I have been
      searching for ,for about 25 years . Annie married Fred Smith abt 1875
      and gave birth to Frank Henery Smith , 1877 and she died Oct. 23, 1877 .
      I can't find any information about her death or the birth of her baby,
      my grandfather . I do have a copy of the plaque from her coffin . I do
      not have an obit or death certificate nor do I know where she is berried
      and I do hope you can help with that information . Annie Littlefield is
      the daughter of George W. Littlefield and Caroline tibbets both of Wells
      ME or NH .
      Thank You
      Minnie Ann
    • The Bellers
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 16, 2006
        You just might be the person who can give me the answer I have been
        searching for ,for about 25 years . Annie married Fred Smith abt 1875
        and gave birth to Frank Henery Smith , 1877 and she died Oct. 23, 1877 .
        I can't find any information about her death or the birth of her baby,
        my grandfather . I do have a copy of the plaque from her coffin . I do
        not have an obit or death certificate nor do I know where she is berried
        and I do hope you can help with that information . Annie Littlefield is
        the daughter of George W. Littlefield and Caroline tibbets both of Wells
        ME or NH .
        Thank You
        Minnie Ann

        Minnie,

        I looked and found nothing that would help. I would suggest a couple possibilities. In 1870 Annie was living with her parents in Wells. In 1880, Frank is living with his grandparents in Kittery. Either location would be a possible burial place. The Family History Center will let you look at microfilms of vital records of both areas. I don't know where you currently live but if you have a Family History Center close by then I would order and search Wells first and then Kittery, Maine. The Wells Births, Marriages, Deaths Records (1807-1899) are located on film 12623 item 1. Vital records for Kittery, Maine (1699-1899) are located on film 11322. To find out if there is a family history center near you use this link: http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHC/frameset_fhc.asp

        I wish you luck in your search. Smith and Littlefield are very common surnames.

        Sara-Lee