Normandeau-Reid Families...

  • RS
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 20, 2006
      At this point in time, I am looking up the Normandeau-Reid Families of
      Lebanon and Sanford. With a move I have lost all of my records of what I
      did 20 years ago, so have to start over. If anyone has information of
      Napoleon Normandeau and Thomas Reid Families, I would be so grateful. I
      have been to the cementary and took off information from the stones, and now
      have dates to go with. Could someone help me on where I could find old
      obits on line? That may be the place for me to begin so I can get other
      family names and dates.

      Thank you for any help.

      Later,
      Sandy in Maine
      Proud Navy Mom
      Proud supporter of all our Armed Forces (Past, Present and Future)
    • Tom Knox
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 21, 2006
        --- In YorkCountyFamilies@yahoogroups.com, "RS" <rosan1976@...>
        wrote:

        > At this point in time, I am looking up the Normandeau-Reid
        Families of Lebanon and Sanford. With a move I have lost all of my
        records of what I did 20 years ago, so have to start over. If
        anyone has information of Napoleon Normandeau and Thomas Reid
        Families, I would be so grateful. I have been to the cementary and
        took off information from the stones, and now have dates to go
        with. Could someone help me on where I could find old obits on
        line? That may be the place for me to begin so I can get other
        family names and dates.

        > Thank you for any help.
        >
        > Later,
        > Sandy in Maine
        > Proud Navy Mom
        > Proud supporter of all our Armed Forces (Past, Present and Future)

        Sandy -

        Some pieces for you (from Ancestry.com) -

        1900 Sanford, York, Maine
        Normandeau, Napoleon, head 44 married 21 yrs born Jan 1856 CanFr
        - immigrated 1876 Naturalized; carpenter
        (), Lillian, wife 38 married 21 yrs born Feb 1862 CanFr
        - immigrated 1876; 10 children 10 living (all born Maine)
        (), Peter/19, Alfonse/18, Sarah/17, Napoleon Jr/15, Lena?/12/dau,
        (), George/9, Cena?/8/dau, Louis/7, ?F?o?da/3/dau, Whm?/0m/son
        (and 2 boarders)
        http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
        htx=View&r=an&dbid=7602&iid=MET623_603-0509
        NOTES: CanFr = "Canada Fr"

        1910 Sanford, York, Maine
        Normandeau, Napoleon, head 23 married.1 0 yrs born ME:CanFr:CanFr
        (), Grace, wife 23 married.1 0 yrs born MA:MA:MA 0 children
        http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
        htx=View&r=an&dbid=7884&iid=MET624_548-0821

        (did not find Napoleon Sr in 1910 - yet)

        1920 Sanford, York, Maine
        Normandeau, Napoleon, head 65 married born CanFr
        - immigrated 1876 naturalized 1890; carpenter
        (), Lydia, wife 58 married born CanFr immigrated 1878?
        (), William, son 15 born Maine
        http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
        htx=View&r=an&dbid=6061&iid=MET625_651-0941

        1920 Sanford, York, Maine
        Normandeau, Napoleon N?, head 33 born Maine; painter, signs
        (), Grace L, wife 34 born MA:NH:ME
        (), Dorothea L?/9/dau, Robert N/7/son
        http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
        htx=View&r=an&dbid=6061&iid=MET625_651-0945

        1930 Orlando, Orange, FL
        Normandeau, Nathan, head 43 married at age 21 sign painter
        - born MA:CanFr:CanFr
        (), Grace, wife 44 married at age 22 born ME:CanFr:CanFr
        (), Dorothy E/19, Robert N/18
        http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
        htx=View&r=an&dbid=6224&iid=FLT626_326-0926
        NOTES: interesting - same family but change in his 1st name.

        1930 Sanford, York, Maine
        Normandeau, Alphonse, head 48 married at age 21 born NH:CanFr:CanFr
        (), Alice S, wife 39 married at age 35 born CanFr:CanFr:CanFr
        (), Pauline M, daughter 2 born Maine
        (), Lydia, mother 67 widow born CanFr
        (next door is the household of)
        Normandeau, Louis, head 39 married at age 25? born NH
        (), Emma S, wife 39 married at age 25? born CanFr
        (), Raymond J, son 8 born NH
        (), ?Reathine?, daughter 4 born Maine
        http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
        htx=View&r=an&dbid=6224&iid=MET626_842-0301
        NOTES: Based on ages-at-marriage, Alphonse was married before.

        Maine Marriages, 1892-1996
        Groom's Name: Normandeau Jr Nap
        Groom's Residence: Sanford, ME
        Bride's Name: Horne Grace L
        Bride's Residence: Rochester, NH
        Marriage Date: November 10 , 1909
        --------------------
        Groom's Name: Normandeau Alphonso
        Groom's Residence: Sanford, ME
        Bride's Name: Reid Sadie
        Bride's Residence: Sanford, ME
        Marriage Date: January 19 , 1903
        --------------------
        Groom's Name: Normandeau Alphonse
        Groom's Residence: Sanford, ME
        Bride's Name: Saulnier Alice
        Bride's Residence: Sanford, ME
        Marriage Date: November 17 , 1925
        --------------------
        Groom's Name: Normandeau Louis
        Groom's Residence: Sanford, ME
        Bride's Name: St Pierre Emma
        Bride's Residence: Sanford, ME
        Marriage Date: June 20 , 1918
        --------------------
        more NORMANDEAU marriages ...

        World War I Draft Registration Card
        Napoleon Normandeau Jr. (born) 17 Aug 1886
        (occupation) sign painter; wife & 2 children
        http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx=View&r=an&dbid=6482&iid=ME-
        1654022-4542

        Florida Death Index, 1877-1998
        Name: Nathan N Normandeau
        Death Date: 1932
        County of Death: Orange
        State of Death: Florida
        Race: White
        Gender: Male
        Vol: 540
        Number: 6867
        http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
        htx=View&r=an&dbid=7338&iid=VRDUSAFL1877_1204-0030

        1915-16 City Directory of Sanford and Springvale, Maine (page 121)
        Normandeau Alphonse carpenter h(homeowner) Winslow av
        Normandeau George inspector G W Co h 273 1/2 Main
        Normandeau Louis teamster bds (boards at) 273 Main
        Normandeau Napoleon carpenter 273 Main h do (homeowner ditto)
        Normandeau Napoleon Jr painter Main cor Avon h Winslow av

        possible Ancestry WorldTree / RootsWeb WorldConnect:
        http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=gsd-mom&id=I23909
        http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=gsd-mom&id=I23909

        Now - what are some dates/locations for the Thomas Reid family?

        - Tom Knox