The basis of holistic health

  • swamijb
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 20, 2002
      ************************
      Swami J's Newsletter
      ************************

      February 20, 2002

      Dear Friends,

      The basis of holistic health lies in one's understanding the
      purpose of life.

      There are many questions human beings want to answer. However, it is
      only when they are sick or they don't have all the normal
      amenities of life, or when they are befallen by a personal tragedy
      that they begin asking, "Why am I here? What is the purpose of my
      life? From where have I come? Where will I go?"

      These are not cultural questions. They are not social or economic
      questions either. These are inborn questions common to every human
      being and they arise when one starts examining life. Everyone has to
      face these questions sooner or later.

      Without answers to these questions, mere physical health or mental
      soundness will not fulfill the purpose of life.*

      * Swami Rama, A Practical Guide to Holistic Health

      http://SwamiJ.com
    • Swami Jnaneshvara
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2013
        The Master Speaks—Inspired Sayings of Swami Rama:
        June 1, "The basis of holistic health lies in understanding the purpose of life and learning how to achieve that purpose."