Finally the day dawns

  • swamijb
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2002
      ************************
      Swami J's Newsletter
      ************************

      February 1, 2002

      Dear Friends,

      The goal of life is not the drama being played, but the lesson that
      it offers. Every human being is the playwright of her or his own
      drama.

      Most people forget this. They think the dramas of their lives are
      created by God, or by others, or by the chance of mathematical
      probability in an inconceivably vast universe. They also fail to
      remember that the drama of life is just that, a play that is
      momentarily being acted out for a desired result.

      Instead of understanding life as a play, they take life to be the
      ultimate. Then the lessons promised by the drama are missed and a
      great deal of pain and sorrow is experienced.

      So it is. This is how our individual development is shaped. We create
      and recreate dramas that we fail to see as such dramas. We mistake
      them to be the ultimate, and get tossed about in the turmoil of pain
      and pleasure and pain.

      Finally the day dawns that we turn toward another perspective. We are
      able to step back and watch the drama from a distance. The pain
      diminishes and the wisdom and humor of the drama become more
      apparent. *

      *Swami Rama, Sacred Journey

      Guided Meditation, February 7 // Retreat, February 23:
      http://SwamiJ.com/Calendar.htm