Self-realization is the goal of human life

  • Yoga-Meditation-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2013
      Self-realization is the goal of human life. The purpose of Eastern religion, philosophy, and psychology is to fulfill that goal. Philosophy as it is understood in the East is neither mere speculative exercise nor an intellectual adventure. The word "philosophy" is a compound of two words: "phil" and "sophia", which mean "love for knowledge". But this term is not applicable in the East, for those who consider the prime questions of life such as: Who am I? From where have I come? Why have I come? and Where will I go? are not interested in only the intellectual answers to these questions. The subject matter of Eastern philosophy leads the student through a systematic way of directly experiencing the truths of existence and the height of Self-realization. After realizing one's real Self, one knows that this Self is the Self of all.

      ~Swami Rama