Where Yoga Poses Come From: Are We Making This Shit Up?

  • Swami Jnaneshvara
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2013
      It's good to see that she has come to see this and write about it. It is not a popular view in the world of yoga today.

      Swami Jnaneshvara

      http://www.yoganonymous.com/where-yoga-poses-come-from-are-we-making-this-shit-up-asana-yoga-practice-krishnamacharya-pattabhi-jois-ashtanga-hatha-vinyasa/

      I wrote a book titled Myths of the Asanas. This was before I found out about the real myth of the asanasÂ… that most all of the ones practiced these days are less than 100 years old. Not kidding. I've spent nearly half of my entire life studying yoga, and until just a few weeks ago, even I was under the impression that at least some of our beloved asana practice had its roots in at least a centuries-old tradition that used physical practices to incite profound internal transformation.