Abhyasa Ashram Activities update - Jan 14, 2011

  • Swami Jnaneshvara
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2011
      Abhyasa Ashram Newsletter:
      Local activities, online meetings, retreats, other programs
      Update: January 14, 2011
      Complete schedule is at:
      http://www.meetup.com/abhyasa-ashram/calendar/
      http://www.abhyasaashram.org

      Abhyasa Ashram
      School of Self-Awareness in the
      tradition of the Himalayan masters
      505 Hooper Drive
      Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548

      **********************************
      CURRENT EVENTS
      **********************************

      SECOND FRIDAY, Jan 14, 7:00pm
      7:00pm - 9:00pm: Mantra Mela. Join us at 5:30pm for systematic meditation, including hatha postures, relaxation, pranayama/breathing and meditation itself, followed by light food at 6:30pm.

      FRI, Jan 14, 7:00pm: Mantra Mela
      SAT, Jan 15, 6:30pm: Vegetarian Potluck
      SAT, Jan 15, 7:00pm: Movie night: Swami Rama video on Superconscious Meditation
      SUN, Jan 16, 10:00am: Center for Nondualism (topic avidya/ignorance)
      SUN, Jan 16, 12:00pm: Painting party again
      MON, Jan 17, 4:00pm: Bhagavad Gita discussion
      ..6:30PM: Dinner at Bombay Masala (if closed, then Thai)
      WED, Jan 19, 12:00pm: Conscious Living discussion (likely the end of the book)
      FRI, Jan 28, 7:00pm: Drumming and music. Bring drums and percussion instruments.

      DAILY: Daily meditations include:

      6:30-7:30am: Meditation #1
      ..6:30-6:35: Daily Mantras
      ..6:35-7:00: Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama
      ..7:00-7:30: Meditation
      11:00-12:00pm: Meditation #2
      ..11:00-11:30am: Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama
      ..11:30am-12:00pm: Meditation
      5:30-6:30pm: Meditation #3
      ..5:30-6:00pm: Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama
      ..6:00-6:30pm: Meditation
      9:00-10:00pm: Meditation #4
      ..9:00-9:05: Daily Mantras
      ..9:05-9:30: Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama
      ..9:30-10:00: Meditation

      **********************************
      ASHRAM NEWS
      **********************************
      RENOVATION: We have had a painting party these past Sundays, Jan 2 and 9. Everybody had a lot of fun and we got the meditation hall painted. There is still more to do, so we will do it again this Sunday, Jan 16 at noon (We'll also have food together). During the coming week or two we'll install the floor. If you would like to help with that, please let Reggie or I know. Reggie will manage the floor installation.

      MEMBERSHIP: We have three levels of involvement in the ashram, which are
      described here:
      http://swamij.com/abhyasa-ashram.htm#membership

      **********************************
      ONLINE Satsang
      **********************************
      We have once again started online discussions. Look here for details:
      https://sites.google.com/site/abhyasaashram/online

      **********************************
      PERSONAL COACHING
      **********************************

      Our approach to training is mostly individual, one-to-one as the way Yoga meditation and contemplation has been traditionally been taught for thousands of years. Personal coaching is available by appointment most days at 9:30am or 2:30pm. Please call or write to schedule a time.

      **********************************
      SPECIAL EVENTS
      **********************************
      FEBRUARY in FLORIDA (2011): Info is here:
      http://www.swamij.com/calendar/feb-in-florida.htm

      MEDITATION RETREATS in INDIA:
      March 2011
      November 2011
      Details are on the website:
      http://www.swamij.com/calendar/rishikesh-retreat.htm
      Registration:
      http://sadhanamandir.org/IntensiveSwamiJ.htm

      (I arrive in Australia April 28, and depart Australia May 12)