Knowing you are the stream

  • swamijb
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2001
      ************************
      Swami J's Newsletter
      ************************

      December 27, 2001

      Dear Friends,

      The teaching points out that there is this Cosmic Being or Cosmic
      Consciousness, which has mysteriously been disrupted or fractured by
      an ego sense which says, "This is `I' and therefore that is `you'."
      From this division flows the interminable stream of worry, anxiety,
      fear and hate.

      How do you find an end to this stream?

      By realizing you ARE the stream. When this happens, the menace has
      ceased.

      Why is this yoga or doctrine expounded at all? To point out in utter
      simplicity that all our problems arise from non-understanding of the
      very simple truth that whatever there is, is an indivisible whole. If
      this understanding arises, all problems are dissolved immediately. *

      * Swami Venkatesananda, Commentary on the Yoga Sutras

      Guided meditation, January 3:
      24-Hour Meditation Retreat, January 19:
      http://SwamiJ.com/Calendar.htm