Telling a Long Joke - By Swami Rama

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2008
      TELLING A LONG JOKE
      By Swami Rama

      Once I was speaking to a large crowd in Hamburg, Germany and I told a
      long joke. I had a very good interpreter. It took me a few minutes to
      tell the joke, but the interpreter translated in a few seconds and
      everyone nearly fell off their chairs laughing. I thought, 'I have
      wasted time in learning English, Sanskrit, and other languages. I am
      going to learn German.' When the lecture was over I asked her, "Tell
      me. How did you translate such a big joke in a few seconds time?" She
      said, "I told them, 'The speaker is giving a long joke. Please
      laugh.'"

      One should maintain that humor. Laugh with your children and your
      partner. During laughter you remain very happy.

      Excerpted from:
      Samadhi: The Highest State of Wisdom
      Volume One of Yoga the Sacred Science
      (Lectures on the Yoga Sutras)