Swami Rama Intensive, Rishikesh, India: Oct 26 - Nov 16, 2008

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 2008

      Below is the announcement from Sadhana Mandir Ashram (Swami Rama
      Ashram) in Rishikesh, India about the upcoming Swami Rama Intensive.
      I will be in the ashram during that time, and will be involved in
      making presentations, as well as providing private consulting time
      about practices. I look forward to seeing some of you during that
      time. If you would like to come, please do make your reservations
      early, as it is sincerely not an exaggeration to say that space is
      limited. Please note the website link at the bottom of the
      announcement, which also includes a faculty list. In each our last
      two programs (April, 2008 and November, 2007) there were 13
      presenters. We reasonably expect approximately the same teaching
      faculty.

      ------------------

      ANNOUNCEMENT:

      Sadhana Mandir is happy to announce the dates for the next Swami Rama
      Intensive program:
      October 26 to November 16, 1008.

      SWAMI RAMA INTENSIVE
      Immerse yourself in three weeks of the profound wisdom and practical
      teachings of Swami Rama.

      Sadhana Mandir offers a three week SWAMI RAMA INTENSIVE and YOGA
      MEDITATION RETREAT twice a year, in the spring and fall. This Program
      will be of tremendous interest to those familiar with Swami Rama and
      who want to explore the teachings and practices in greater depth.
      Swami Rama is widely known to have presented the deeper teachings of
      Yoga in extremely clear and accessible ways, and with the perspective
      that the goal of Yoga is nothing less than the direct experience of
      one's true Self (Atman, Purusha) in this very lifetime.

      SCHEDULE: Following is a general schedule outline. While there will
      be several events each day, not all of the listings below will happen
      each and every day. Our Programs are flexible, and we shift to
      accommodate the needs of the participants.

      5:00 Lemon water
      6:00 Meditation #1
      7:00 Hatha Yoga
      8:00 Breakfast
      9:30 Presentation
      11:30 Meditation #2
      1:00 Lunch
      2:30 Practicum or Discussion
      4:00 Tea
      5:00 Walk
      6:00 Meditation #3
      6:45 Supper
      7:30 Presentation
      9:00 Meditation#4

      MEDITATION: The Program will have four meditation times every day,
      with each session being of the duration with which you personally
      feel comfortable. It is the regularity that is emphasized, rather
      than the duration.

      PRESENTATIONS: Most days (though not necessarily every day) there
      will be two presentations on practical Yoga, Vedanta, and Tantra
      based directly on the written teachings of Swami Rama. The Presenters
      will:
      1) choose a chapter from a book by Swami Rama and give a presentation
      with that title, including quotes,
      2) elaborate or further explain the principles and practices, and
      3) share their own experience with learning and practicing the
      teachings.

      DISCUSSIONS: Approximately every other day there will be a
      facilitated group discussion related to practices of mindfulness,
      meditation in action, witnessing, and internal dialogue (important
      aspects of contemplation). These will be based on the actual
      practices in which you will be coached during the retreat.

      HATHA YOGA and PRACTICUMS: Every day there will be Hatha Yoga classes
      or other practicum classes, such as for Pranayama and breath
      training, Agni Sara, or Yoga Nidra. The specific offerings each day
      will be based on how they might blend with the rest of the Program
      and the needs of the Participants.

      WALKING: It is extremely convenient and pleasant to walk along the
      River Ganges, as the ashram is directly beside the river in a less
      densely populated part of Rishikesh (downstream from the busy areas).
      Participants are encouraged to walk at least once, if not twice or
      more per day between classes and meditations.

      ACCOMMODATION: Double occupancy only, as space is limited. Register
      early.

      Duration: 3 weeks, application is required
      Program fee: Rs. 500 per day (includes food and lodging)

      Sadhana Mandir Trust
      Ramnagar, P.O. Pashulok
      Rishikesh, 249203, (Uttarakhand) India
      Phone: 91-135-243-1693