VIDEO (9 min): Invoking the Infinite in Yoga Vedanta Meditation

    Message 1 of 1 , May 20 10:53 AM
      NEW VIDEO (9:29 Minutes)

      INVOKING THE INFINITE IN YOGA VEDANTA MEDITATION
      By Swami Jnaneshvara Bharati

      VIDEO at YouTube:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-roMQoSlw2o

      Included are transliterated Sanskrit and eight different English translations of the invocation of the text entitled Isha Upanishad. The wisdom of this text is central to Yoga Vedanta meditation and contemplation. "Isha" refers to that supreme power which regulates and governs all, and which resides in the heart of all creatures. It is that in which we live, that in which we move, and that by which we are. "Upanishad" means to sit down near the teacher to discuss, learn, practice and experience the means and goals of Yoga Vedanta. "Upa" means "near;" "ni" means "down;" "shad" means "to sit."

      "Purna" is the full, infinite, whole, complete. Om or Aum is a compound of A, U, and M, which represent waking, dreaming, and deep sleep, as well as the gross, subtle, and causal realities. They merge into the fourth, the silence, which is the absolute reality.

      Om
      Purnamadah Purnamidam
      Purnat Purnamudachyate
      Purnasya Purnamadaya