Hospital started by Swami Rama in India

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29 11:53 PM

      Some of you may not know that in 1989 Swami Rama began a major
      hospital and medical college project in Jolly Grant, India, which is
      in the area of Rishikesh, Haridwar, and Dehra Dun. It is now one of
      the most modern equipped hospitals in India.

      The hospital is at the doorway to the Himalayas, the home of the over
      5,000 year old meditative tradition of the cave monasteries. It is
      near the River Ganges, which flows through Rishikesh and Haridwar,
      and is about 100 miles from its source near Gangotri.

      This area is one of the poorest areas of India, which has had very
      limited medical resources. The hospital is now up to about 750 beds,
      and the medical college graduated its first batch of doctors in
      December, 2000.

      Following is the website of the hospital. I hope you enjoy visiting.

      http://www.hihtindia.org/

      I'm sharing this with you just as a matter of interest.