Inspiring 3-Minute VIDEO on Green Yoga

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2007
      3-Minute VIDEO on Green Yoga
      This little video is very inspiring. It may leave you with a tear in
      your eye.

      http://www.swamij.com/green-yoga.htm

      -------

      "Above all, we must cultivate great compassion for our fellow beings,
      including all nonhuman creatures with whom we share this precious
      planet and upon whom we have inflicted so much suffering because of
      our profligate and largely irresponsible lifestyle."

      "Yoga practitioners, we feel, have a particular obligation to live in
      a green way, mainly because this reflects the essence of the
      tradition which they espouse."

      "We are calling on all Yoga practitioners to intensify their practice
      by becoming viras, or `heroes,' in the old sense of the word, who put
      the common weal before their own consumerist comfort and uninspected
      predilections."

      "The time has come to live Yoga with as much heartiness and
      genuineness as we can possibly muster. If Yoga practitioners won't
      respond to this unique and perilous crisis, who will?"

      "Let us use this planetary crisis as a unique opportunity to grow as
      individuals and as a species."

      Georg Feuerstein
      Brenda Feurstein

      From the book Green Yoga