Making your whole being an ear for mantra

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2007
      MAKING YOUR WHOLE BEING AN EAR FOR MANTRA
      From: The Art of Joyful Living
      Swami Rama

      My way of using the mantra is different from yours, because I do not
      want to fool around with the process. I sit down, and I observe my
      whole being listening to the mantra. I do not remember the mantra or
      repeat the mantra mentally, because then the mind repeats many things.

      Instead I make my whole being an ear to hear the mantra, and the
      mantra is coming from everywhere. This will not happen to you
      immediately in meditation, but when you have attained or accomplished
      something, then this will happen to you. Then, even if you do not
      want to do your mantra, it is not possible to avoid it. Even if you
      decide that you do not want to remember the mantra, it will not be
      possible.

      Finally, even the mantra does not exist; only the purpose for which
      you repeat the mantra is there; you are There. The mantra might still
      be there, but it exists as an experience that overwhelms your whole
      being, and is not separate from you.

      http://swamij.com