Swami Rama Intensive in India: Oct 29 - Nov 16, 2007

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2007
      Swami Rama University, Dehradun, India
      Swami Rama Ashram, Rishikesh, India
      October 29 - November 16, 2007

      The trustees of Swami Rama's Ashram (Sadhana Mandir Trust) in
      Rishikesh, India are in the process of revitalizing the ashram with a
      variety of exciting new programs that emphasize the practical
      teachings of Swami Rama. These include meditation retreats, ayurvedic
      rejuvination, and self-transformation programs.

      The programs will be phased in over a period of time, depending on
      who are the future members of top management of the ashram trust.
      Some of the programs will be at the ashram in Rishikesh and others
      will be on the Swami Rama University campus (Himalayan Institute
      Hospital campus), which is about 20 kilometers away.

      To start this process, there will be a 3-week SWAMI RAMA INTENSIVE
      program on the university campus from Monday, October 29 through
      Friday, November 16. The core of the program will be on Monday
      through Friday of each week on the university campus, allowing Friday
      afternoon through Sunday to be available for retreat at the ashram on
      the Ganges, or for personal explorations.

      The SWAMI RAMA INTENSIVE will be a flexible program adapting to the
      wishes and needs of the participants. However, each daily program
      will include classes drawing directly on a specific chapter from one
      of the books by Swami Rama. There will also be group meditations and
      self-awareness practices in alignment with the practices taught by
      Swami Rama.

      We are still working out the details of who will be teaching which
      class. It may be only a few of the faculty, or several. We wish to
      provide a wide exposure to teachers and topics. Here is the faculty
      list, from which several will teach:

      I will personally be in residence at the Swami Rama University campus
      (Himalayan Institute Hospital campus) during this period and will be
      participating in the teaching.

      For information on Sadhana Mandir Ashram, Swami Rama Center, and
      Swami Rama University, please see these links:

      Here is a brief VIDEO tour of Sadhana Mandir Ashram:

      For other information, questions, and reservations, please contact
      Kamal at:

      I am personally very excited about this initial program and the
      revitalizing of the "new" Swami Rama's Ashram, and look forward to
      the 3-week SWAMI RAMA INTENSIVE. I am extremely grateful to the
      trustees who are so very sincere about creating a place where the
      practical teachings of Swami Rama will be the dominant focus of the

      In loving service,

      Swami Jnaneshvara