Truth is in Every Heart - Yoga Meditation teachings Swami Rama

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21 11:51 AM
      From: The Essence of Spiritual Life
      By Swami Rama
      ISBN 8190100491
      Reprinted with permission of the Publisher
      Copyright Himalayan Institute Hospital Trust
      http://hihtindia.org

      TRUTH IS IN EVERY HEART
      Swami Rama

      Truth is that Divine Force that dwells in every individual's heart.
      It is the all-pervading, eternal Reality, uniting all individuals,
      and finally, linking all of existence in one divine awareness. That
      Divine Force is called God.

      Belief in the existence of God indicates that one is searching for
      the Truth. The Truth is that which remains unchanged in the past,
      present, and future. The Truth is unborn and immortal. To know Truth,
      one needs to purify one's thoughts, speech and actions. Purification
      is of utmost importance, because only through a purified mind can an
      aspirant think clearly and contemplate.

      Once we are determined to search for the Truth through purified
      thoughts, speech, and actions, we are certain to find the way and
      reach the goal. Truth itself becomes our guide, and without making a
      mistake we will find ourselves on the right path.

      One who believes in God and surrenders to God attains freedom here
      and now. He knows that he belongs to God, and that God belongs to
      him. His awareness shifts from the world to God, and he lives a life
      free from insecurity and fear. He has an unshakable faith in divine
      protection.

      The scriptures constantly remind us that as the ocean accepts a river
      and makes it its own, God accepts seekers. It does not matter which
      path they follow or from which background they come. The only
      requirement is the desire to know the Truth. Once that desire is
      awakened, all means and resources come together. Water finds its own
      level. Likewise, a true lover of God finds God.

      The highest philosophy is to know that the Truth and God are one and
      the same, and the highest practice is to search for Truth through
      one's thoughts, speech, and actions.

      There is something beyond religion. Though essential in the
      preliminary stage, it does not allow one to be one with the whole. It
      is like a moth that eats Kashmir wool, trying to prove to other moths
      that Kashmir exists. Everywhere in the realm of religion I
      encountered locked doors. If ever one door should chance to open, I
      was ultimately disappointed by what lay behind it.

      God's existence does not depend on our proofs. There is something
      wrong with the philosophers and the theologians, for they have the
      curious notion that God is a kind of hypothesis that can be analyzed
      and discussed.

      I have seen people struggling with death because they do not admit
      its existence. God to me is a real annihilating fire and
      indescribable grace. I accept both.

      It is easy to believe in God, and to believe in God is definitely
      better than not believing, however, that is only half way. It is
      something great when you come to know that:

      God is in me. The Lord dwells in me. I am a finite vessel, and
      Infinity dwells within this finite vessel.

      The human being is great, not because he can speak and narrate
      things, and not because he can feel. He is great because wherever he
      goes, the Lord travels with him.

      No one has seen God. Highest of all, love without object, is God. How
      to know him? How to enjoy?

      Seeing God in everyone and working for others is one way of
      enjoyment, but that is not so easy. You will have to practice.
      Remember the Lord all the time and sooner or later, you will be
      transformed.

      The day you come to know that the Lord is within you, you will be
      free from fears. Then where are you? Where do you exist? If you have
      that consciousness that you exist separately from the Lord of the
      Universe, then it means you deny the existence of the Lord of the
      Universe.

      God is all—a personal God, a universal God, and that which is beyond.
      Start from a personal God, go to the God within, then to the
      universal God, and finally beyond.

      To love beloved God in any object is knowledge, yet to understand God
      in the heart is real Truth. It is a vain attempt to search for God.
      Who can there be more wonderful than myself—that is the Self of all.

      Those who crave to see God are foolish. When I see him smiling
      through the face of man and child, and highest of all in myself, I am
      born a million times, and die a million times, too.

      No God is greater than thyself.

      http://www.swamij.com