The Purity Of Awareness

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2007
      From Merging with Shiva
      by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami

      THE PURITY OF AWARENESS

      To the awakened mystic, there is only one mind. There is no "your
      mind" and "my mind," just one mind, finished, complete in all stages
      of manifestation. Man's individual awareness flows through the mind
      as the traveler treads the globe. Just as the free citizen moves from
      city to city and country to country, awareness moves through the
      multitude of forms in the mind.

      Before we meditate, we view the cycles of our life and erroneously
      conclude that the mind changes, that it evolves. We view joy one
      moment, and despair the next and, because we feel so different in
      these states, assume we have changed. We grow up and look back on our
      childhood and again see the appearance of change. Through meditation,
      however, we observe that we have not changed at all. Awareness
      becomes our real identity, and it is pure and changeless. It was the
      same at seven years of age as it is today. It is the same in
      happiness as it is in sadness. Pure awareness cannot change. It is
      simply aware. Therefore, you are right now the totality of yourself.
      You never were different, and you never will be. You are perfect at
      this very moment. Change is only a seeming concept created through
      false identification with the experiences we have in various areas of
      the one mind.

      Everything in the world and everything in the mind is as it should
      be, in a perfect state of evolution. Superconsciously, we can clearly
      see this through the eyes of our soul. When looking at it through the
      instinctive-intellectual mind, we don't see this perfection. It is as
      if we have blinders on both sides of our eyes, like a donkey. The
      carrot of desire dangles right in front of our nose when we are in
      the instinctive-intellectual mind, and we are going after it, step at
      a time, step at a time, with our blinders on. We have to go in and in
      and in and reach an expanded state of awareness and gain that
      mountaintop consciousness where we perceive that there is no
      injustice in the world. There is not one wrong thing. All is in
      perfect order and rhythm in Siva's cosmic dance.

      http://swamij.com