Siddhanta Tattva Vindu - Adi Sankaracharya

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2007
      SIDDHANTA TATTVA VINDU
      By Adi Sankaracharya, 788-820 CE

      1) Nor earth nor water, fire nor liquid air, nor ether, nor the
      powers, nor these in one; undifferentiated, in dreamless perfect
      rest, that, the One, final, blest, alone, am I.

      2) Nor castes nor their divisions, rite nor rule, are mine, nor
      fixing mind and thought and mood; no longer dreaming things not Self
      art 'I' and 'mine,' that, the One, final, blest, alone, am I.

      3) Nor mother, father, nor the gods and worlds, nor Scriptures,
      offerings, shrines are there, they say, in dreamlessness abandoned by
      the lonely Self; that, the One, final, blest, alone, am I.

      4) Nor sectary of Cause or Lord or Life knows That, nor follower of
      Saint or Rite, in perfect union, pure of all but Self, that, the One,
      final, blest, alone, am I.

      5) Nor upward, downward, nor within, without; nor mid-ward, backward,
      That, nor east nor west; all-present everywhere in part-less unity,
      that, the One, final, blest, alone, am I.

      6) Nor white nor black nor yellow, That, nor red; nor small nor very
      great nor short nor long; formless, yet like a light, a star; that,
      the One, final, blest, alone, am I.

      7) Nor teacher, teaching, learner, what is learned; nor thou nor I
      nor this expanded world; conscious of its own form, from error free,
      that, the One, final, blest, alone, am I.

      8) Nor waking, mine, nor dream, nor dreamless sleep; nor fire of life
      or heart or seeing soul; these three are of un-wisdom; but the
      fourth, that, the One, final, blest, alone, am I.

      9) Even expanded for the sake of Self -- Self, that, still perfect,
      on no other rests -- all the wide world besides is little worth.
      that, the One, final, blest, alone, am I.

      10) Nor is this first with any second to it; nor lonely this, nor yet
      has it compeers; nor is this second-less One void or filled with
      aught; how shall I tell this perfect wisdom's crowd?

      http://swamij.com