On Earth to Realize the Self

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2006
      From Merging with Shiva
      by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami

      ON EARTH TO REALIZE THE SELF

      Look through your entire life and make a memo of each major
      experience in this life. Then surmise how many major experiences you
      have had for the last ten lives. All the accumulative experiences
      have brought you to the point where you are now, ready to turn inward
      and realize your infinite being. They have all been good experiences.
      The reaction to the experience has also been good. It brought you to
      the point where you are, ready to sit down and say to yourself, "Who
      am I? Where did I come from? Where am I going? What is the power of
      That which has never changed, which I am and can feel in every cell
      of my body? Where does the clear white light come from? What is the
      underlying power of pure consciousness out of which awareness
      emerges?" All of this and more, too, you will ask yourself and get
      answers from within yourself, as you, your awareness as the lotus
      flower, begins to unfold. Always try to remember the reason why you
      are here. You are here to separate awareness from that which it is
      aware of and gain your own independence, your liberation, from the
      instinctive area of the mind.

      When we're in it, we believe that everything we're going through is
      us. The intellectual area of the mind -- when we're attached and in
      it strongly, we believe that that is us. When we're in the
      superconscious area of the mind, awareness is detached from that
      which it is aware of. We see ourselves as the traveler traveling
      through all areas of the mind, not getting stuck in any one area.
      Then we're here to go in, to take awareness off the surface of the
      Earth into outer space, or out of the instinctive and intellectual
      areas of the mind, into pure superconsciousness, into the clear white
      light, so it permeates every cell of the body.

      We're here to realize the Self, to have that one dramatic experience
      where everything that we thought was things is turned upside down,
      and our whole perspective afterwards changes. That is the purpose for
      living on this Earth. That is the purpose for being here this very
      moment. That is the purpose for my speaking to you in this way, to
      impress upon you very thoroughly that you are here for Self
      Realization, walking on this planet. Get it. Direct all your energies
      toward it, and then the tremendous power of desire will be for the
      one goal, not for the many goals toward which desires usually flow.
      When that happens, Self Realization will come to you. It'll be very
      easy. One day, you will be Self Realized.

      http://swamij.com