Traditional Yoga Distance Learning with Georg Feuerstein, PhD

    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2006
      From:
      http://www.swamij.com/georg-feuerstein.htm

      TRADITIONAL YOGA STUDIES
      DISTANCE LEARNING COURSES
      with Georg Feuerstein, PhD.

      As I've written elsewhere in the SwamiJ.com website, my goal is "to
      present the ancient Self-Realization path of the Tradition of the
      Himalayan masters in simple, understandable and beneficial ways,
      while not compromising quality or depth." My focus in serving others
      is on how to do the practices rather than facilitating textual
      studies. However, while emphasizing practices is most important, the
      traditional studies of texts and history can be a very useful
      companion to those practices. I have personally found great value and
      enjoyment in such studies, and believe it can be of benefit and
      enjoyment to all aspirants, including those who are very clear about
      the primary importance of practice itself.

      People often ask me how and where they can do more in-depth study of
      the traditional texts and history of Yoga. People also tell me that
      they have very busy lives and cannot spare the time or money to go to
      some ashram or school where they might live in residence for years of
      study. A superb alternative is the Distance Learning Courses of Georg
      Feuerstein, facilitated by Georg personally, along with his wife,
      Brenda. I personally have very high regard for Georg, both in regard
      to his level of knowledge and his passion for authentic Yoga. In our
      modern world of confusion about the true nature of Yoga, Georg is a
      rare gem. If you choose to work with Georg in this Distance Learning
      Program, you will find him personally available to you, which is a
      real gift.

      Link to Traditional Yoga Studies
      Distance Learning Courses
      with Georg Feuerstein, PhD.
      http://www.traditionalyogastudies.com/

      Georg Feuerstein, himself both a practitioner and scholar, has
      published over 30 books, 200 articles, and 500 book reviews. He has
      been practicing, teaching and writing on Yoga for over 30 years. His
      work is highly regarded in the field of Yoga, and is used in many
      Hatha Yoga teacher training programs. He has literally, as the saying
      goes, "written the book" on Yoga, as his publications include "The
      Yoga Tradition: Its History, Literature, Philosophy and Practice,"
      and the "Shambhala Encyclopedia of Yoga." In book reviews it has been
      said of Georg that he is "arguably today's foremost Yoga researcher"
      and "the foremost authority of Yoga today," as well as that "No one
      in our culture knows the ins-and-outs of Yoga better than Dr. Georg
      Feuerstein." (Biography)

      In the spirit of openness, please know that this page on SwamiJ.com
      about Georg's programs is here as a result of correspondence between
      Georg and I. For those of you who have healthy skepticism, please
      also know that I am not receiving any compensation or commission from
      Georg for posting this here. It is totally out of respect for his
      knowledge and his deep dedication to authentic Yoga and service of
      others that I want to let you know of his programs.

      In loving service,

      Swami Jnaneshvara

      http://swamij.com