I am That - by Swami Rama Tirtha

    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2006
      I AM THAT
      By Swami Rama Tirtha
      (1873-1906)

      I have no scruple of change, nor fear of death,
      Nor was I ever born,
      Nor had I parents.
      I am Existence Absolute, Knowledge Absolute, Bliss Absolute,
      I am That, I am That,

      I cause no misery, nor am I miserable;
      I have no enemy, nor am I enemy.
      I am Existence Absolute, Knowledge Absolute, Bliss Absolute,
      I am That, I am That,

      I am without form, without limit,
      Beyond space, beyond time,
      I am in everything, everything is in me.
      I am the bliss of the universe,
      Everywhere am I.
      I am Existence Absolute, Knowledge Absolute, Bliss Absolute,
      I am That, I am That,

      I am without body or change of the body,
      I am neither senses, nor object of the senses,
      I am Existence Absolute, Knowledge Absolute, Bliss Absolute,
      I am That, I am That,

      I am neither sin, nor virtue,
      Nor temple, nor worship
      Nor pilgrimage, nor books.