Awareness as A Lotus Flower - Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2006
      From Merging with Shiva
      by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami

      AWARENESS AS A LOTUS FLOWER

      Be That which never changes. Then what happens? When we become this
      spiritual body and grasp that infinite intelligence of it, we're just
      in a state of pure consciousness and we come into the clear white
      light. We have a wonderful foundation, the only foundation necessary
      for Self Realization -- at that point piercing the last veils of the
      mind, for even light is mind, and consciousness is, of course, the
      mind itself. And then we merge with the Self itself.

      So, that is the path: experience, harnessing the reactions to
      experience, becoming the body of the soul, merging that body with the
      physical body after the instinctive and intellectual elements have
      been harmonized, coming into the clear white light, and then the
      realization of the Self. It's a beautiful path. It's a challenging
      path, and it's the path that you're on....

      See awareness as a lotus flower. The lotus flower goes through many,
      many experiences.... See awareness as a lotus flower. First awareness
      is a seed, and it's breaking out of the instinctive elements, the
      hard shell of the seed. But it's living right within the seed. It is
      dynamic life at that very time, tuned in with the central source of
      energy. Then it breaks out and it becomes roots, and then awareness
      becomes a stem, becomes conscious of water all around it. Finally,
      the stem emerges above the water, and awareness has leaves and a bud.
      It's still limited awareness, because it's not in its fullness. But
      as that awareness expands, it opens up into a beautiful lotus flower,
      then creates more seeds for more flowers. This is the path of
      awareness.

      Become acquainted with the awareness, that one beautiful, pure
      element of the soul, your superconscious body, which is easily found
      and easily discovered by simply closing your eyes and opening them
      and saying "I'm aware," not necessarily of what you are aware of.
      Close your eyes. Say, "I am aware." Awareness is closely identified
      to the realms of sight -- hearing, of course, too, but more
      predominantly sight.

      As awareness expands and as awareness contracts, we find that we have
      power over awareness. It merely becomes a tool. The underlying power
      of awareness is the blissful state of the spiritual body of man, pure
      consciousness, the central source of all energies, in its blissful,
      calm state. Meditate on awareness being like a lotus flower.