Pain and the purpose of life

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2001
      ************************
      Swami J's Newsletter
      ************************

      November 16, 2001

      Dear Friends,

      Out of our pain we begin to suspect there is something more to life,
      that life is not limited to what our senses experience. We may only
      suspect. Our knowledge of anything beyond the world of forms -- that
      which we see and hear, and so on -- still may be barely a whisper
      deep within us, but the possibility is worth the exploration.

      The exploration begins by establishing the philosophy that there may
      be something more to life. That philosophy at least gives a
      direction. With such a philosophy, life takes on more meaning and
      immediately begins to take a different shape. The intention to learn
      more provides focus, and focus gathers energy. There is joy in that
      alone. *

      * Swami Rama, Sacred Journey

      http://SwamiJ.com