No Good, No Bad - Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2006
      From Merging with Shiva
      by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami

      NO GOOD, NO BAD

      Each experience that we have is a good experience, because it molds
      us. It shapes us, just like an artist would mold a piece of clay.
      From an ugly hunk of clay can emerge a divine being, molded by the
      artist. In that same way, the experiences of life, even those that
      boomerang back on us and those we think are terrible, mold us. But
      they only mold us quickly and benefit us tremendously if we hold our
      perspective as the inner man, the timeless man, the immortal being.
      Only in this way can this happen. That's the attitude, the thoughts
      we must have, as we go along on the path of enlightenment.

      The mere fact that you want Self Realization in this life means that
      you have been through hundreds of thousands of experiences. You have
      been nearly everything that there is to be on this planet. And now,
      in your last lifetime, you are finishing up the experiential patterns
      that you didn't handle in a life prior.

      Life is a series of experiences, one after another. Each experience
      can be looked at as a classroom in the big university of life if we
      only approach it that way. Who is going to these classrooms? Who is
      the member of this university of life? It's not your instinctive
      mind. It's not your intellectual mind. It's the body of your soul,
      your superconscious self, that wonderful body of light. It's maturing
      under the stress and strain, as the intellect gives back its power to
      the soul, as the instinct gives back its power to the soul, as the
      physical elements give back their power to the soul, and all merge
      into a beautiful oneness. In this way, the beings of the New Age are
      going to walk on Earth. Each one will have light flowing through his
      whole body and he will inwardly see his body glowing in light, even
      in the darkest night.

      The good-and-bad concept should be thrown out with a lot of other
      things, including the up-and-down concept. There is no good; there is
      no bad. You don't raise your consciousness, nor do you lower it.
      These are just concepts that have come in by various philosophers who
      tried to explain these deeper teachings the very best that they
      could. What is bad is good, and what is good is good. And a higher
      state of consciousness and a lower state of consciousness, they don't
      exist at all. We simply hold a certain perspective of awareness, and
      we look out, and we go in.

      http://www.swamij.com/