About the SwamiJ.com website

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2005
      From:
      http://www.swamij.com/about.htm

      ABOUT THE SWAMIJ.COM WEBSITE
      http://www.swamij.com

      The goal of this website is that the ancient teachings of self-
      awareness through Yoga Meditation be presented in simple,
      understandable and beneficial ways, while not compromising quality or
      depth, that systematically lead one to the highest Realization of the
      center of consciousness as guided by the sages of the Himalayas.

      Most of the articles on this site came as a result of questions from
      people asking me for simple, straightforward, practical explanations
      about principles and practices of meditation. When the site was
      originally quite "empty" of articles, some question would come, and
      this would lead to writing an article or creating a graphic image to
      try to clarify that point.

      While simple explanations seem to sometimes grow into something more
      complicated, it is hoped that the articles here are presented in easy
      to understand language. This is said with a smile, as I truly find it
      humorous that such simple principles take so very many words, and
      that we end up with the appearance of complexity. All we can do is
      cry, get frustrated, or laugh, and the laughter seems to be the more
      useful path.

      You will notice a common pattern among many of the articles, and that
      is to describe the universal inner process, which is systematic in
      nature. From outer to inner, through the levels and layers of our
      being, attention moves to the subtler and subtler aspects, finally
      leading the seeker to the pure, eternal center of consciousness, by
      whatever name you choose to call that center. Many of the articles
      describe this same process using different language and metaphors,
      with each adding a slightly different perspective that might make
      that underlying process more clear.

      It is my sincere belief and experience that these principles and
      practices are universal, non-religious and non-sectarian. Admittedly,
      not all people agree with this. However, this is the stance from
      which I share, and say unequivocally that these principles and
      practices are applicable and useful to all people. If anyone does
      want to convert to some other religion, they will have to go
      elsewhere. Not only do I not do this, I do not even know how to do
      this, as I do not know the conversion rituals, rites or vows of any
      of the religions.

      I do not claim ownership over any of the principles or practices
      described here, although the wording itself falls under the domain of
      copyright laws. There is no intent or desire whatsoever to profess or
      proffer any Swami Jnaneshvara system of Yoga. We already have far too
      much of that in our modern world. The ancient teachings of Yoga
      Meditation are universal and available to the whole of humanity. It
      is only by the gift of my teacher and tradition that direct
      experience has been there sufficiently that I was instructed to share
      with others. It is from that, that these principles and practices are
      shared.

      The relationship between student and teacher is a very personal one
      that is best done in face-to-face contact. I hope you glean much
      personally useful information from the articles on this website, but
      they are not meant to replace such personal contact. I wish for you
      to find the teacher who is just right for you. However, there is no
      intent here to establish student-teacher relationships via internet.
      Some others may do that, but I do not personally find this to be
      realistic. Simple questions of a general informational nature can be
      responded to by email, but I refrain from giving direct personal
      instructions through the medium of internet. Ultimately, the goal of
      even the external teacher is to lead the student to find the teacher
      within. May you find that teacher.

      The articles on the site are continuously being expanded and edited
      for ever increasing clarity. If you print out any of the articles or
      save them into your computer, please do remember to revisit from time
      to time to check for revisions.

      Above all, it is hoped that one thing is abundantly clear in these
      articles, and that is that the keys to direct experience of your own
      center of consciousness, by whatever name you choose to call that,
      are to practice, practice, practice. Please enjoy your visit to
      SwamiJ.com, and come back often.

      Swami Jnaneshvara Bharati
      http://www.swamij.com/swamijnaneshvara.htm