15 Laws of Life from Swami Vivekananda

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2005
      15 Laws of Life
      From Swami Vivekananda

      What You Need to Keep in Mind

      1. LOVE IS THE LAW OF LIFE: All love is expansion, all selfishness is
      contraction. Love is therefore the only law of life. He who loves
      lives, he who is selfish is dying. Therefore, love for love's sake,
      because it is law of life, just as you breathe to live.

      2. IT'S YOUR OUTLOOK THAT MATTERS: It is our own mental attitude,
      which makes the world what it is for us. Our thoughts make things
      beautiful, our thoughts make things ugly. The whole world is in our
      own minds. Learn to see things in the proper light.

      3. LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL: First, believe in this world - that there is
      meaning behind everything. Everything in the world is good, is holy
      and beautiful. If you see something evil, think that you do not
      understand it in the right light. Throw the burden on yourselves!

      4. IT'S THE WAY YOU FEEL: Feel like Christ and you will be a Christ;
      feel like Buddha and you will be a Buddha. It is feeling that is the
      life, the strength, the vitality, without which no amount of
      intellectual activity can reach God.

      5. SET YOURSELF FREE: The moment I have realised God sitting in the
      temple of every human body, the moment I stand in reverence before
      every human being and see God in him - that moment I am free from
      bondage, everything that binds vanishes, and I am free.

      6. DON'T PLAY THE BLAME GAME: Condemn none: if you can stretch out a
      helping hand, do so. If you cannot, fold your hands, bless your
      brothers, and let them go their own way.

      7. HELP OTHERS: If money helps a man to do good to others, it is of
      some value; but if not, it is simply a mass of evil, and the sooner
      it is got rid of, the better.

      8. UPHOLD YOUR IDEALS: Our duty is to encourage every one in his
      struggle to live up to his own highest idea, and strive at the same
      time to make the ideal as near as possible to the Truth.

      9. LISTEN TO YOUR SOUL: You have to grow from the inside out. None
      can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher
      but your own soul.

      10. BE YOURSELF: The greatest religion is to be true to your own
      nature. Have faith in yourselves!

      11. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE: Never think there is anything impossible
      for the soul. It is the greatest heresy to think so. If there is sin,
      this is the only sin - to say that you are weak, or others are weak.

      12. YOU HAVE THE POWER: All the powers in the universe are already
      ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it
      is dark.

      13. LEARN EVERYDAY: The goal of mankind is knowledge... now this
      knowledge is inherent in man. No knowledge comes from outside: it is
      all inside. What we say a man 'knows', should, in strict
      psychological language, be what he 'discovers' or 'unveils'; what
      man 'learns' is really what he discovers by taking the cover off his
      own soul, which is a mine of infinite knowledge.

      14. BE TRUTHFUL: Everything can be sacrificed for truth, but truth
      cannot be sacrificed for anything.

      15. THINK DIFFERENT: All differences in this world are of degree, and
      not of kind, because oneness is the secret of everything.

      http://www.swamij.com