The never rising nor setting sun

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2005
      We can easily understand and unveil the mystery of death with a
      simile. In our everyday speech, we use the expression: the sun rises
      and the sun sets. The rising sun is like birth, and the setting sun
      is like death. The idea of the sun rising and setting is taught all
      over the world. But in fact, the sun never rises and never sets. It
      is always there. Because of the poverty of our sense perception and
      our limited perspective, we experience the sun as though it rises and
      sets. So is the case with the two most important events of life:
      birth and death. In actuality, one is never born and never dies.
      Birth and death are limited conceptions that arise from the limited
      knowledge of our minds.

      Swami Rama
      Perennial Psychology of the Bhagavad Gita

      -------

      http://www.swamij.com