Lead me

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2005
      A guiding affirmation:

      Asatoma Sat Gamaya
      Tamasoma Jyotir Gamaya
      Mrityorma Anritam Gamaya

      Lead me from the unreal to the Real
      Lead me from the darkness to the Light
      Lead me from the temporary to the Eternal

      From the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad

      -------

      Unreal = untruth; only relatively real; that which is merely manifest
      out of something else, such as the pot manifesting out of the clay;
      the aspects of ourselves that are really false identities appearing
      to be who we are

      Real = truth; that unchanging reality, like the clay, out of which
      everything else manifests; the true Self, the core of our being

      Darkness = the darkness of ignorance, of not seeing either the world
      or ourselves clearly; stemming from the process of ignoring, which is
      inherent in ignorance

      Light = the light of knowledge, of seeing clearly the true spiritual
      nature of things and ourselves

      Temporary = that which is mortal, subject to death, decay, and
      decomposition; our surface identities

      Eternal = that which is not subject to death, decay, or
      decomposition; the immortal core of our being

      -------