Spirituality and the finest tool

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2004
      The nature of inner life changes the quality of external life. The
      way we think is the way in which we form our personality. That inner
      world is also governed by the more subtle force of the Divine. It
      exists on the foundation of the higher Divine Force. From that
      unmanifest Divine Force, the inner mental world evolves, and from
      there comes the external, physical world.

      Spirituality means allowing that inner world to remain illumined by
      the light of the Divine Force. A fully illumined inner world--which
      at an individual level is known as chitta, the mindfield--sends forth
      the thought forces to the external world. A ripple of thought arising
      from an illumined mindfield affects the external world. The thoughts,
      speech, and actions of an illumined person are in perfect harmony. He
      knows that he is a citizen of two worlds simultaneously.

      The purification and illumination of the inner world is of utmost
      importance. Mind, polluted by doubt, mistrust, and confusion, stands
      between divine awareness and physical existence. But, mind is the
      finest of all the instruments a human being has for exploring the
      Truth within.

      Swami Rama
      A Call to Humanity