Pain and Pleasure have no effect

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2004
      back:

      "I am aware that pain and pleasure are different than where I find
      myself most of the time. There is bliss within me that is available.
      It is closer to the authentic me than anything I have known before. It
      is connected to being mindful, and since it is so joyful to be there,
      I am more mindful. At the same time it does not interfere with my
      life. It just makes all of it more interesting and easier. It doesn't
      seem to matter what is going on, how to deal with that becomes
      interesting. Things do not seen hard or easy (pain and pleasure). It
      is all the same and much of the coloring on emotions has gone.

      "Pleasure and pain have become incidental in that they appear to be on
      the surface. When I am not mindful I am on the surface and they effect
      me. When I am present they do not."

      Anonymous
      (quoted with permission)