Pain, pleasure, and joy

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2004
      I was just emailing somebody, and typed out the
      below sketch. Thought you might enjoy this.
      (Hope the spacing holds up in the newsletter email)

      < PAIN > ---------------------- < PLEASURE >
      -------------------||-----------------------

      Pain and Pleasure are the Opposites. Joy (or Ananda,
      Bliss) is a whole different order of reality,
      underneath both of the opposites of Pain and Pleasure.
      Some of those glimpses you are getting are closer to
      the arena of that subtle Joy, completely independent
      of the Opposites.