Guru purnima

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2004
      Today, July 2, the full moon day, is guru purnima,
      a traditional, annual day for remembering and
      celebrating the teaching force called guru. "Gu"
      means "darkness" and "ru" means "light". Guru is
      the light, which dispels the darkness of ignorance,
      revealing the true light within. Whether we hold
      guru as a force field of grace, or as operating
      through a person, may we each, in our own way,
      remember with gratitude that guiding light
      called guru.

      Swami Jnaneshvara