Lead me

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2004
      Asatoma Sat Gamaya
      Tamasoma Jyotir Gamaya
      Mrityorma Anritam Gamaya

      Lead me from the unreal to the Real
      Lead me from the darkness to the Light
      Lead me from the temporary to the Eternal

      Brihadaranyaka Upanishad
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 11 9:05 AM
        A guiding affirmation:

        Asatoma Sat Gamaya
        Tamasoma Jyotir Gamaya
        Mrityorma Anritam Gamaya

        Lead me from the unreal to the Real
        Lead me from the darkness to the Light
        Lead me from the temporary to the Eternal

        From the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad

        -------

        Unreal = untruth; only relatively real; that which is merely manifest
        out of something else, such as the pot manifesting out of the clay;
        the aspects of ourselves that are really false identities appearing
        to be who we are

        Real = truth; that unchanging reality, like the clay, out of which
        everything else manifests; the true Self, the core of our being

        Darkness = the darkness of ignorance, of not seeing either the world
        or ourselves clearly; stemming from the process of ignoring, which is
        inherent in ignorance

        Light = the light of knowledge, of seeing clearly the true spiritual
        nature of things and ourselves

        Temporary = that which is mortal, subject to death, decay, and
        decomposition; our surface identities

        Eternal = that which is not subject to death, decay, or
        decomposition; the immortal core of our being

        -------