The higher urge

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2004
      It is not necessary to retire to a monastery
      to lead a spiritual life. We cannot escape
      from our inherent longings or postpone our
      utmost needs. In addition to the primitive
      urges for food, sex, sleep and self-preservation,
      there is a higher urge to merge with God. We
      cannot be at peace unless that inherent urge
      is filled.

      We all want to experience the all-pervading,
      omnipresent God from which the entire universe,
      as well as each individual, has evolved. Direct
      experience of the truth that each of us
      originates from God, and ultimately will return
      to God, makes us secure, happy, and strong.

      Swami Rama
      The Essence of Spiritual Life