Faith

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2004
      Once childhood is gone and the intellect
      has taken over, we must verify our
      beliefs. A belief established on the
      solid foundation of the Truth is a
      source of strength. A belief based on
      the direct experience of the Truth,
      not contradicted by logic and reasoning,
      is known as "shraddha," or faith.

      Such faith is established over an
      extended period of time. Repeated
      experiences add to the maturity of
      the faith. Direct experience of the
      Truth removes all doubts and leads
      an aspirant to a decisive understanding.

      Such an understanding becomes an
      inseparable part of his being. Knowledge
      becomes firm; he does not feel it
      necessary to seek verification from
      others. He knows that he knows; such
      is his faith.