Request for survey info on your Yoga Nidra practice

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 23, 2003
      RE: Yoga Nidra Survey

      Dear Friends,

      We are exploring the possibility of doing some
      professional quality research on the benefits of
      Yoga Nidra. My research mentor tells me that the
      first step is to survey people who are already
      practicing Yoga Nidra. From that, the research itself
      will be designed to prove or disprove those benefits
      by exposing some new groups of test subjects to
      the practices.

      WHO CAN HELP?

      If you have used the Yoga Nidra CD, I would greatly
      appreciate your feedback about the benefits you've
      received. All you need to do is read through the four
      categories below and write down your responses,
      either in print or by email. You may be as brief or
      detailed as you feel inclined.

      FOUR QUESTIONS (described in more detail
      further below in this email)

      1. Benefits
      2. Time and frequency of practice
      3. Challenges and obstacles
      4. Other comments

      Thank you very much for you input.

      BENEFITS

      What benefits, experiences, feelings, outcomes, or
      effects have come from your practice of Yoga Nidra?
      You might write short phrases to describe this, or
      whole paragraphs. Whatever you can describe will
      be most appreciated. If it's convenient, you might
      list your experiences somewhat like this:

      1. _____________________
      2. _____________________
      3. _____________________
      4. _____________________
      5. _____________________

      TIME AND FREQUENCY

      Q #1: How long have you been practicing Yoga Nidra
      (years/months/weeks). Or, said differently, what
      month or year did you first do Yoga Nidra?

      A: _____________________

      Q #2: How often, on average, do you do Yoga Nidra?
      (times per week or per month). How often do you use
      the Yoga Nidra CD, and how often do you practice
      without the CD?

      A: _____________________

      CHALLENGES/OBSTACLES

      What challenges or obstacles have you experienced in
      your practice of Yoga Nidra?

      1. _____________________
      2. _____________________
      3. _____________________
      4. _____________________
      5. _____________________

      OTHER COMMENTS

      What other comments, ideas, observations, or opinions
      do you think would be useful for me to know in this
      survey, or related to this research?

      1. _____________________
      2. _____________________
      3. _____________________
      4. _____________________
      5. _____________________

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2003

        A very special thanks to those of you who
        responded to the request for feedback on the
        use of the Yoga Nidra CD. It will help us to
        explore the possibilities of research. If you
        were planning on sending some feedback and
        did't guite get around to it, your comments
        would still be most appreciated.

        A copy of the previous email and information
        outline is below.

        Thanks again,