Greasing your karma with love

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2003
      "A human being cannot live without doing karma,
      actions. And when he does some karma he reaps
      the fruits of the actions. And those fruits
      lead him to do more actions and there is no
      end. He creates a whirlpool for himself and
      he cannot come out of that. Is there any way
      that you go on doing your actions and yet
      remain free from the bondage of karma? I say
      yes. If you grease your karma with love, then
      you will not have a problem. You have stress
      today, 'My wife doesn't listen to me.' She
      thinks, 'My husband doesn't listen to me.'
      They both are going through self-created
      stress. But if you simply change the concept,
      there will be no stress. Stress has become
      the biggest killer today. Everybody says I
      have stress, I have stress. Why do you have
      stress? Wife wants to control the husband,
      husband wants to control the wife. Why do
      you want to control anyone? This tussle is
      going on all the time, in all families and
      you call it family life and love. When I come
      to your home, you all smile. When I go
      outside, then you start fighting. I know
      that and I understand. I think there can be
      harmony in the family if there is understanding,
      understanding on a higher level."

      Swami Rama
      A Personal Philosophy of Life

      Quoted from the newsletter of the Himalayan
      Institute Hospital, founded by Swami Rama
      in India. For information on the newsletter, or
      to subscribe, click here:
      http://www.hihtindia.org/bulletin/hihtbulletin.html

      The main website of the hospital is here:
      http://www.hihtindia.org/