The inner music

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2003
      The music that fills the outer ear is but an echo of the inner
      harmony. One who learns to make his whole being an ear, alone hears
      the music of eternity. The unstruck sound, without drums and
      trumpeting, soothes my senses, stimulates my mind, and fills my
      heart. This inner music has consumed all the longings I had for
      external stimuli.

      Swami Rama
      Love Whispers
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2003
        The Self is the dearest of all things, and only
        through the Self is anything else dear.
        The Self is the origin of all finite happiness,
        but it is itself pure bliss, transcending definition.
        It remains unaffected by deeds, good and bad.
        It is beyond feeling and beyond knowledge,
        but it is not beyond the meditation of the sage.

        Brihadaranyaka Upanishad