Am I really true to myself? Am I really a seeker?

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2003
      If anyone wants to be a student of the interior world, of the path of
      light, if he wants to do inner research, he will have to understand
      this point: one must have a purified, free, and one-pointed mind to
      know and examine the interior Self.

      If the mind is not free, if one is prejudiced from the very
      beginning, influenced by a particular set of dogmas, doctrines, or
      formulas, then one can neither conduct nor complete any research.

      For conducting research within, one should be truthful, sincere, and
      free from prejudices. Research should not be shaded by social and
      cultural norms or religious fanaticism. It requires a totally
      independent and unbiased mind. One cannot lie to oneself.

      One should ask, "Am I really true to myself? Am I really a
      seeker?"

      Swami Rama
      Choosing a Path
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17, 2003
        The music that fills the outer ear is but an echo of the inner
        harmony. One who learns to make his whole being an ear, alone hears
        the music of eternity. The unstruck sound, without drums and
        trumpeting, soothes my senses, stimulates my mind, and fills my
        heart. This inner music has consumed all the longings I had for
        external stimuli.

        Swami Rama
        Love Whispers
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2003
          The Self is the dearest of all things, and only
          through the Self is anything else dear.
          The Self is the origin of all finite happiness,
          but it is itself pure bliss, transcending definition.
          It remains unaffected by deeds, good and bad.
          It is beyond feeling and beyond knowledge,
          but it is not beyond the meditation of the sage.

          Brihadaranyaka Upanishad