Lead me

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8, 2003
      Asatoma Sat Gamaya
      Tamasoma Jyotir Gamaya
      Mrityorma Anritam Gamaya

      Lead me from the unreal to the Real
      Lead me from the darkness to the Light
      Lead me from the temporary to the Eternal
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 7, 2004
        Asatoma Sat Gamaya
        Tamasoma Jyotir Gamaya
        Mrityorma Anritam Gamaya

        Lead me from the unreal to the Real
        Lead me from the darkness to the Light
        Lead me from the temporary to the Eternal

        Brihadaranyaka Upanishad
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 11, 2005
          A guiding affirmation:

          Asatoma Sat Gamaya
          Tamasoma Jyotir Gamaya
          Mrityorma Anritam Gamaya

          Lead me from the unreal to the Real
          Lead me from the darkness to the Light
          Lead me from the temporary to the Eternal

          From the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad

          -------

          Unreal = untruth; only relatively real; that which is merely manifest
          out of something else, such as the pot manifesting out of the clay;
          the aspects of ourselves that are really false identities appearing
          to be who we are

          Real = truth; that unchanging reality, like the clay, out of which
          everything else manifests; the true Self, the core of our being

          Darkness = the darkness of ignorance, of not seeing either the world
          or ourselves clearly; stemming from the process of ignoring, which is
          inherent in ignorance

          Light = the light of knowledge, of seeing clearly the true spiritual
          nature of things and ourselves

          Temporary = that which is mortal, subject to death, decay, and
          decomposition; our surface identities

          Eternal = that which is not subject to death, decay, or
          decomposition; the immortal core of our being

          -------