An ancient prayer in a faster world

  • Swami Jnaneshvara <swamijb@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2002
      The modern world revolves faster and faster, day after day, and human
      beings are dazed and unable to find their bearings. Modern man finds
      himself deep in this situation: his past is unrecoverable, his
      present is uncertain, and his future is an interrogation. Never in
      the history of mankind has the human being ever experienced such
      utter darkness within himself, in the midst of such abundant
      prosperity outside himself. The modern economy governs modern men and
      women.

      Yet modern people are seeking for light to lead them. Their hearts
      are crying for Truth today, for life and health.

      The ancient prayer echoes silently in the hearts of modern men and
      women: "From the unreal, lead me to the Real. From darkness, lead
      me to Light. From death lead me to Immortality."

      Swami Rama
      Wisdom of the Ancient Sages