76Freedom in the waking dream

  • swamijb
    Jan 5, 2002
      ************************
      Swami J's Newsletter
      ************************

      January 5, 2002

      Dear Friends,

      It is accepted that our dreams are our own creations. They come from
      our subconscious minds, out of our thoughts, desires, and fears.
      These dreams can be useful to us. They are natural ways to help us
      work out emotions and unfulfilled desires.

      The waking state is no different. The circumstances of waking life
      are created by us to provide the opportunity to grow toward
      realization of our divine nature.

      The keys to growth lie in those relationships and situations that
      give us the most discomfort. These relationships and situations
      repeat themselves, not out of bad luck or `bad karma,' but because
      uncomfortable situations and relationships represent the barriers to
      our freedom. Freedom comes when we overcome these self-created
      barriers.*

      * Swami Rama, Sacred Journey

      Online Course: http://SwamiJ.com/CourseAJL.htm
      Guided Meditation, January 17 // Retreat, January 19:
      http://SwamiJ.com/Calendar.htm