next moon ritual

  • Brooks
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 5, 2013
      come join us in our monthly moon ritual on Thursday, June 20, beginning at 7:30 pm at First UU Church, 4700 Grover. This is the moon to welcome Summer, so we will be talking and thinking about passion and pasttimes and what does it feel like when the days just seems endless....bring a treat to share if you wish. this will be held under the oaks in the "front" of the church. come howl with us!
    • Brooks
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 5 10:33 AM
        JULY 18 7:30-9:00 PM at First UU under the oaks....a moon ritual to homor the summer and espeically to honor Nelson Mandela. let's talk about freedom, about how to bring attention to injustice and what we as earth-centered people can do to support justice in our world. let's do balance! namaste,brooks lewis
      • Linda Webster
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 26, 2013

          Friday, September 27, 2013, 7 p.m. at BookWoman

          Goddess Poetry Evening with Linda Marie Cossa and Susan J. Rogers

          From time out of time, the Goddess has been celebrated in stories, music, art, and poetry.  She inspires us to see the divine all around us in Nature and to honor the divine within ourselves.  Poetry is one way to glimpse Her mystery and wonder and to tell our own truths.   This Goddess Poetry Evening will feature the poetry of Linda Marie Cossa and Susan J. Rogers.  In addition, we invite you to read a Goddess poem that you�ve written or to share a favorite Goddess poem written by someone else during Open Mic time.

          Linda Marie Cossa�s poetry and painting are inspired by feminine spirituality, Jungian psychology, and postmodernism�s nature and narration empathy for earth-based body wisdom.  Her word-and-image storytelling is a retrieval healing of the Goddess archetype in everyone.  It embraces a new paradigm of restoration for Mother Earth and all living things.  Linda Marie has a BFA and MFA in Painting with a minor in Women�s Studies.

          Susan J. Rogers has been writing poetry about the Goddess for over 20 years, including poetry about the Roman Goddess Cardea and the Japanese Sun Goddess Amaterasu, both of which have been set to music. Since moving to Georgetown, she has written a series of poems about the Indian/Tibetan Goddess of Wisdom and Compassion, Tara.  Two of the Tara poems have been published in local anthologies by the Austin Poetry Society and the Austin International Poetry Festival.
        • brooksiel53
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 14, 2014
            hey you really missed a lot of love last night at february's ritual,,,,,please join us on SUNDAY, MARCH 16 at the labyrinth in butler park(dawson and barton springs road) for a ritual and walk to celebrate the moon and to talk about Purim. we will start around 730 and end by 9pm. come walk with us! namaste,brooks lewis
          • Perry Gardner
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 14, 2014
              what is the name of that art gallery?  I can google the address from that.

              Bright Blessings
                       Perry

              hey you really missed a lot of love last night at february's ritual,,,,,please join us on SUNDAY, MARCH 16 at the labyrinth in butler park(dawson and barton springs road) for a ritual and walk to celebrate the moon and to talk about Purim. we will start around 730 and end by 9pm. come walk with us! namaste,brooks lewis

            • Stephanie N. Canada
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 14, 2014
                Greetings all,

                The March (and April) Moon circles will be at Butler Park, on the opposite side of Dawson St. from the Dougherty Arts Center. The address for the Dougherty is 1110 Barton Springs Rd.

                The labyrinth is paved and so it handi-accessible, as are the park restrooms which are nearby.  There is parking along Dawson, please be a good neighbor and don't park in the Dougherty's lot.

                Pax,
                Stephanie