Fw: Work Week at UBarU! What Fun! June 8 to June 16

  • Stephanie N. Canada
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2 9:24 PM

      From: admin@... <admin@...>
      Subject: Work Week at UBarU! What Fun! June 8 to June 16
      Date: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 1:43 PM

      Workday at UBarU

      Hey UBarUers,

      Please join us for Work Week at UBarU June 8 to June 16.

      Fabulous food, real work, natural beauty, outstanding company, and that special kind of bonding are what we offer in exchange for your labor. Those who can afford it pay for meals at $10/day. Meals are simple real food, mostly plants, with meat options. Bring your own beverages, snacks, and special needs food. Register by contacting Mike Schwab by email at director@....

      We respect hard work and expect a lot from ourselves and from those who join our productive and delightful work party. There is time for re-creation. Time in the country to walk, bike, bird, or field trip: all completely within your own power.

      Re-experience what your body can do; find the relaxation intrinsic to meaningful physical work; bring more beauty to this good earth. Come for all week or come as many days as you can.

      Work Week is an intergenerational gathering. Former Summer Campers see this as a cool chance to return to the place they love. Folks in mid-career, in transition, or retired, see this as a refreshing break and great place to meet new friends. Work Week Folk range in age from their late teens to their late 80s, but we welcome anyone who will push the envelope. This is often the place and the time when children first learn -- from their own parents -- how to translate values into value by simply doing what one can. Priceless.

      Please bring work gloves, hats, sunscreen, and tools you know how to use. Please bring your own bedding and towels. When you register, tell us what your skills are (painting, sewing, carpentry, gardening, cleaning, electrical, cooking, lawn mowing, office work, or general physical labor) and what days you’ll be here. This year’s major projects could include building a proper ladder for the swimming tank, patching the Meeting House porch roof, painting the Ranch House, landscaping cascading water pools away from the swimming tank. There are always lots of places for willing hands in improving property, landscaping, and communal meal preparation.

      Join our happy, productive work week crew for a day or two or all five, but be careful; it can be habit forming. Some of us have been doing this for years.

      Mike Schwab
      Executive Director
      director@...

      Like Us on Facebook!