Fw: Teaching Traditions, Children-Youth, & Ronald Hutton at CHS

  • Stephanie N. Canada
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2013

      --- On Tue, 2/19/13, Cherry Hill Seminary <chs@...> wrote:

      Teaching Traditions, Children-Youth, & Ronald Hutton at CHS
      Spring Three runs from the week of March 11 -- the week of April 7

      Teaching Pagan Traditions

      Teaching strategies in contemporary Pagan traditions include classrooms, workshops, coven and small group training, one-on-one apprenticeships, distance study, and more. These strategies provide wildly different experiences for both teachers and students. Not only do the styles have distinct advantages and disadvantages for conveying specific skills, but the ethical pitfalls and boundary issues of the different relationships vary. In this class, we will explore five models of teaching, learn about pedagogical techniques, consider the ethical obligations of teaching relationships, and discuss how to evaluate potential students and teachers.
      A Foundations Course

      No class meetings Spring Three
      Sacred Lands and Spiritual Landscapes

      April 12-13, 2013
      in Columbia, SC
      In today's post-modern, urbanized world, where everything is a commodity, how and where do Pagans find their sacred places?  How should we protect and maintain these sites?  In colonized worlds, how do we avoid the appropriation of these lands?  If Goddess is immanent in nature, what makes some places more sacred than others?  How is our spirituality shaped by the land and our relationship with the land shaped by our spirituality?  Brings together three noted scholars for a day and a half of presentations, paper panels and discussion. Don't miss this rare opportunity to meet Dr. Ronald Hutton here in the U.S. and to personally engage scholars Hutton, Leader and Griffin during the symposium as well as at social events like drumming, a tour of the historic old USC campus, and dinners with colleagues.
      More Info & Register
      Kids, Gods, & Guardians

      Prepares Pagan leaders to engage with young people on a spiritual level. It is important that Pagan communities include age-appropriate activities and resources for all involved. This class offers strategies for Pagan ministry as students consider ways to serve children, youth, and young adults with successful, thoughtful ministry, including appropriate bridging ceremonies and programs. Areas of Pagan youth ministry include raising children Pagan, youth programming at Pagan festivals, coming of age ceremonies, and campus ministry.
      A Foundations Course
      Thursdays 9:00 PM ET, Spring Three

      Looking for a full semester of rich learning and interaction with diverse peers?

      Check out our
      Soul Work
      Pagan Apologetics I
      Science & Paganism
      Paganism & the Body
      Practical Chaplaincy
      Earth Advocacy
      Group Theory & Dynamics

      Looking for a shorter class on specific topics?

      Four weeks long, Foundations are offered during three sessions each semester.

      Eastern European Traditions
      Effective Web Site Development
      Toward An Engaged Spirituality
      Pagan Elders & Ancestors: Starhawk
      Teaching Pagan Traditions
      This email was sent to thunderhoofdesigns@... by chs@... |
      Cherry Hill Seminary | P.O. Box 5405 | Columbia | SC | 29250