TAROT SABBAT FOR LAMMAS: HARVEST, Wednesday July 25, 7-10pm

  • Suzanne McAnna
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2012
      Tarot through the Witch's Eye offers--
      TAROT AND THE WHEEL OF THE YEAR
      With Suzanne McAnna and Linda Webster, in south central Austin

      Wednesday July 25, 7-10pm
      LAMMAS: HARVEST

      Lammas is the time of first harvest, the cusp of fear and anticipation: what have we been waiting and working for? what do we hope? what remains to be done, to bring in the harvest we seek? In this gathering our magic focuses on the major arcana triad of manifestation and integration--Chariot, Temperance, and World.

      This is one of a series of sabbat-focused gatherings, from Spring Equinox 2012 through Brigid (Imbolc) 2013, which will use Tarot to explore the personal meaning of the sabbats. These sessions will intensify your experience of each sabbat, and deepen your understanding of the Tarot.

      At each gathering, in ritual space, we'll create sabbat magic together. We will call on the spirits of the Tarot major arcana cards particularly associated with the sabbat. We will learn and use an original Tarot spread, created for the sabbat, and share and discuss what the cards show us.

      These gatherings are open to anyone who feels inspired to work with Tarot and the sabbats. Familiarity with Tarot at any level, from beginner to advanced, will be helpful.

      Please register in advance. No deposit is required but we want to reserve a place for you. We will send more details after you register. To register, contact
      Suzanne, mcanna314@..., 512-282-5541; or
      Linda, lindawebster@..., 512-458-1852

      Admission is $25, payable by cash, check or money order at the door. Each gathering meets 7-10pm on a Wednesday evening, in south central Austin.

      You do NOT have to commit to the whole series, or to more than one session at a time. However, you can sign up for the entire rest of the series, Lammas through Brigid, for a discounted rate of $100, payable at the Lammas session.

      We'll send out an email call for registrations before each session.

      Dates for the remaining Tarot sabbat gatherings in this year's cycle:
      Lammas, July 25: Harvest
      Fall Equinox, September 19: The Scales of Maat
      Samhain, October 24: Encountering the Ancestors
      Winter Solstice, December 19: Spiraling into the Dark
      Brigid (Imbolc),January 30, 2013: The Alchemy of Fire and Water