Fw: Join me in stopping mountaintop removal

  • Stephanie N. Canada
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2009

      This is a cause near and dear to my heart, please take a moment to add your voice to the effort to stop this destructive process.  As a child of Appalachian, I can tell you there is no such thing as "clean coal".

      Namaste,
      Stephanie

      href="http://www.nrdconline.org/campaign/biogems_cumberland_0309/wgwxi67427x7mdxb">http://www.nrdconline.org/campaign/biogems_cumberland_0309/wgwxi67427x7mdxb?

      > > For too long we have allowed coal companies to get
      > away
      > > with using dynamite to literally blow the peaks right
      > off of
      > > mountains to get at the coal underneath.
      > >
      > > The scars of this destructive practice can be seen up
      > and
      > > down Appalachia, where hundreds of mountains have
      > already been
      > > flattened, communities harmed, and a once beautiful
      > > landscape eviscerated.
      > >
      > > Coal may be part of our foreseeable energy future,
      > but
      > > that doesn't mean we should let mining companies
      > destroy
      > > biologically diverse forests and fill our rivers and
      > > streams with debris.
      > >
      > > We need Congress to act now and end the destruction
      > of
      > > Appalachian homes and heritage. The bipartisan
      > Appalachia
      > > Restoration Act will halt mountaintop removal mining
      > once
      > > and for all.
      > >
      > > Tell your senators that you want to end mountaintop
      > > removal mining now by going to http://www.nrdconline.org/campaign/biogems_cumberland_0309/wgwxi67427x7mdxb?
      > >
      > > Let's prevent more mountains and more communities
      > from
      > > becoming the next victims of coal.
      > >
      > > Sincerely,
      > >
      > > Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.
      > > Senior Attorney
      > > Natural Resources Defense Council
      > >
      > > . . .
      > >
      > > We appreciate the opportunity to communicate with
      you