Sorry for the spam message. I've removed it now.

  • Casey Mattox
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2008
      I'm also changing the settings to require people to request
      membership. Should keep this from happening again.
    • Doyle Chambers
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2008
        At 11:11 AM 12/1/2008 +0000, you wrote:

        >I'm also changing the settings to require people to request
        >membership. Should keep this from happening again.
        -----------------------
        Hi Casey,
        This type spam has been an ongoing issue for Yahoo. I'm associated with 15
        groups as either owner, manager, or moderator. We've had to make them all
        private, invitation only, to avoid spam.

        I tracked the one in our mail back to:
        OrgName: tw telecom holdings, inc.
        OrgID: TWTC
        Address: 10475 Park Meadows Drive
        City: Littleton
        StateProv: CO
        PostalCode: 80124
        Country: US
        However the IP, 66.162.21.233 is from Vancouver, Canada. Just another fake
        spam trying to get access for gathering addresses.

        Regards, Doyle Chambers