.hello..photos wanted

  • carpenart
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2008
      My Yates mostly are online thru my second cousin,Donald Panther-Yates.
      I am looking for OLD PHOTOS of that Yates. My mother was bertha Yates
      and her mother was mary wright,her mother was mary elizabeth Carpenter.
      My grandfather was james R. Yates who was related to james C. Jimmie
      Yates frm Ga.last year on my old computer I lost a photo of some
      ccousins who were in [I think]the Darling Yates family.It had about 35
      people,such as Hattie who was born around 1900.the photo was made
      around the year 1916.
      My Yates several of them, lived in Randolph co. Al..now there are few
      left there..just hoyt jr
      Ed Yates of Huntsville Al used to have a newsletter for us.....
      fredrika Yeager Bolling
    • Samantha Mattox
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2008
        Fredrika,

        I don't think we're going to be able to help you unfortunately.  Although this group is titled "Yates of Alabama" it's actually for a specific line of the Yates family descended from John Yates & Emily Shaddix of Tallapoosa County, AL who later moved into the Dekalb/Etowah county, AL area.  I don't recognize the names in your post as from this line, but I may be mistaken.  Please let me know if you think you connect in to our line.  Either way, I hope you find the pictures you've lost.  You might try the Yates message boards on rootsweb or genforum.  Or hopefully Donald could direct you toward them.  I've seen a lot of research from him out on the web, so he might be a good source.

        Good luck & God bless.

        Casey

        To: YatesofAlabama@yahoogroups.com
        From: bollin77@...
        Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 14:16:53 +0000
        Subject: [YatesofAlabama] .hello..photos wanted

      • alabamdeb4ever@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6, 2008
          There has been some question in the past that James Yates was the brother of John Yates.  I've seen this mentioned several times over the years but have been unable to confirm it.