Yasmin Boland's Moon Meditations

  • Yazzle
    Message 1 of 669 , Jul 3, 2006
      The Monthly Stars are up!
      http://www.cainer.com/monthly/

      SKYWATCH JULY 2 2006

      The planet of communications, Mercury, goes retrograde on Wednesday
      Australian time – that is, from our point of view, appears to start
      going backwards in the sky. I had a letter from a reader about
      Mercury retrograde which raises some important questions. She wrote:

      I have accepted a new (wonderful) job, but it requires me to move to
      another city. I am currently in the process of buying a new place in
      that new city and the likelihood is that I will have a closing
      sometime in July. But, ouch, it is Mercury retrograde time, and the
      general astro instructions would say that we should not buy or sign
      anything of importance (as the new info may resurface and contract
      would need to be redone or I may regret the purchase). What should I
      do?

      For me, the short answer is that sometimes we are destined to do
      something under Mercury retrograde (or Mercury `rx' as it is also
      known). So perhaps we shouldn't fight it.

      It's true that what's signed under Mercury rx may be renegotiated
      later (think of the retrograde period as a `re' time – rethink,
      revise, resign, re-edit). But some people actually choose to sign
      contracts under Mercury rx, because it allows flexibility later.

      There is nothing `bad luck' about Mercury rx, just extra room for
      error. So, yes, double check all the facts and figures, but also
      consider if perhaps Mercury rx will suit you better if, for example,
      you might like to be free to sell again. Quite often, what we sign
      during one Mercury rx period often comes up for renegotiations
      during a subsequent one.

      Three simple examples; because I had no choice, I moved into a new
      flat under Mercury rx and I moved out during another Mercury rx
      period, around 12 months later. The flat itself was fine and I had
      no problems there, though I did have to move out a little sooner
      than I would have liked.

      An even more minor example; I had no choice but to buy a new phone
      during a Mercury rx cycle, as the one I had broke (communication
      breakdowns are more likely under Mercury rx). I wasn't happy about
      this; by choice I'd rather not buy a phone or car (both
      Mercury 'things') under the reverse cycle. But it was either that,
      or be without a phone for two weeks. Sure enough, about a year
      later, under another Mercury rx cycle, the speaker went on that
      newer phone, and I was forced to buy yet another one under Mercury
      rx! I expect to be buying yet another under a future cycle…

      To end with a final, more positive example. I had to sign a book
      contract under Mercury rx, so I did, with some trepidation (books
      are also Mercury `things'). In this instance, it worked in my
      favour. A year later, when Mercury was rx once again and I had to
      sign a new year's contract, I managed to renegotiate a payrise, even
      though there had not been room allowed for a payrise in the original
      agreement.

      So I say, aim to get things sorted and signed before Wednesday if
      you can, but if not, leave it in the lap of the Gods … and remember
      that Mercury isn't known as the trickster of the zodiac for nothing!
      Triple check documents.

      Mercury will be going backwards through the sign of Cancer until
      July 29.

      The Monthly Stars are up!
      http://www.cainer.com/monthly/
    • Yazzle
      Message 669 of 669 , Jan 28, 2007
        'Everyone you meet Is fighting some kind of battle. Always be a
        little kinder than necessary...' J.M. Barrie

        Monday January 29 - Moon in Gemini

        Moon Meditation: "I am clear in my ideas..."

        The idea today is to take a long hard look at something which is
        worrying you.

        Are you driving yourself into a depression? Are you terrorizing
        yourself with your thoughts? Have you allowed someone else to
        criticise you so often and so much that you're starting to believe
        the nasty things they say? Or have you perhaps been mean to someone?

        My new favourite quote of last week was from author J.M. Barrie (who
        created Peter Pan) who said: 'Everyone you meet is fighting some
        kind of battle. Always be a little kinder than necessary...'

        This is extra true for today. It's a day to think seriously. Also
        very good for signing contracts and agreements.

        So you want to learn astrology? Click here for this week's SKYWATCH
        http://www.yasminboland.com - click on Skywatch on the LEFT

        AUSTRALIAN READERS:

        In this month's CLEO - I'm doing a FREE Astro Reading offer - all
        about your love planet - Venus - check out the mag - on sale now!
        http://cleo.ninemsn.com.au/cleo/